You searched for: Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Alexander A. Sergounin
- Publication Date: 07-1996
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: The end of the Cold War, the collapse of the USSR and its Marxist ideology, and the re-emergence of the Russian Federation as a separate, independent entity have compelled Russia to redefine its national interests and make major adjustments in the spheres of both foreign policy and international relations theory (IRT). These enormous tasks, together with an attendant polarisation of opinion on how to deal with them, have pitted Russia's policy makers and experts against one another in a fierce battle of world views. This debate is far from at an end. Neither a new security identity nor a coherent foreign policy strategy have yet been found.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Environment, Government, Politics, Religion
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Asia