You searched for: Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Journal Americas Quarterly Remove constraint Journal: Americas Quarterly Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Sonia Meza-Cuadra
- Publication Date: 03-2015
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Americas Quarterly
- Institution: Council of the Americas
- Abstract: Governments aim to make decisions that will improve the economic and social development and welfare of their citizens. But historically, decisions affecting Indigenous and tribal people's culture, ancestral lands and habitats have too often been made without their participation. ilo 169 and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples seek to redress this situation.
- Topic: Government