You searched for: Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Poverty Remove constraint Topic: Poverty
- Author: Marília Leão, Renato S. Maluf
- Publication Date: 02-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Brazil has achieved promising results in the fight against hunger and poverty. This paper describes the path toward building a new governance framework for the provision of public policies that initiated a virtuous cycle for the progressive elimination of hunger and poverty. However, it is important to emphasize that the country continues to be characterized by dynamics that generate inequalities and threaten social and environmental justice.
- Topic: Agriculture, Economics, Poverty, Food, Governance
- Political Geography: Brazil, Latin America