You searched for: Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography Uganda Remove constraint Political Geography: Uganda Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Suzan Ilcan, Marcia Oliver, Laura Connoy
- Publication Date: 12-2015
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: Increasingly, refugees residing in refugee camps are living in protracted situations for which there are no quick remedies. Existing attempts to address protracted situations for refugees engage with the concept and practices of the Self-reliance Strategy (SRS). This paper focuses on the SRS in Uganda’s Nakivale Refugee Settlement. It draws attention to the strategy's disconnection from the social and economic relations within which refugees live in settlements, and its inability to provide refugees with sufficient access to social support and protection.
- Topic: Development, Economics, Humanitarian Aid, Refugee Issues
- Political Geography: Uganda