You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for Strategic and International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Ethnic Conflict Remove constraint Topic: Ethnic Conflict
- Author: Anthony H. Cordesman, Sam Khazai
- Publication Date: 01-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: As events in late December 2013 and early 2014 have made brutally clear, Iraq is a nation in crisis bordering on civil war. It is burdened by a long history of war, internal power struggles, and failed governance. Is also a nation whose failed leadership is now creating a steady increase in the sectarian divisions between Shi'ite and Sunni, and the ethnic divisions between Arab and Kurd.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Ethnic Conflict, Insurgency, Fragile/Failed State, Governance, Sectarian violence
- Political Geography: Russia, Middle East, Arabia