You searched for: Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography United Arab Emirates Remove constraint Political Geography: United Arab Emirates
- Author: Karim Sadjadpour
- Publication Date: 06-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: As the United States seeks to contain Iran's nuclear ambitions through economic sanctions and diplomatic isolation, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has come to play a critical yet often ambiguous role. The UAE, namely the emirate of Dubai, is a top source of Iranian imports and a key transshipment point for goods-legal and illegal-destined for the Islamic Republic. Dubai's bustling and loosely regulated ports have repeatedly frustrated international sanctions against Iran.
- Topic: International Trade and Finance, Nuclear Weapons
- Political Geography: United States, Iran, Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Dubai