You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year
- Author: Robert Kappel
- Publication Date: 05-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: German Institute of Global and Area Studies
- Abstract: This paper deals with Germany’s new Africa policy. The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) presented a new Africa concept in January 2017. The BMZ wants to counter the further marginalisation of Africa with inclusive and sustainable growth. Chancellor Angela Merkel will explain her new policy for Africa at the G20 summit in Hamburg in July 2017, in an attempt to gain the approval of the other G20 members for focused cooperation with Africa. The paper argues that it remains solely the duty of African states to take their development into their own hands. Cooperation can support this process, but it cannot assume what is each state’s individual responsibility.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Africa, Germany