You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Author: Fatima Ramadan, Amr Adly
- Publication Date: 09-2015
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Authoritarianism under military auspices has been reimposed in Egypt since mid-2013. The state has outlawed protests, strikes, and sit-ins in the public sphere and has subjected public spaces and private media to tight surveillance. It also has mounted repression of the independent labor movement. When taken together, these factors suggest that the labor movement is likely to wane in the near future. Whether this will last over the long term remains uncertain.
- Topic: Human Rights, Labor Issues, Governance, Authoritarianism, Political Activism
- Political Geography: North Africa, Egypt