You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution The Ambassadors Review Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Ambassadors Review Political Geography Austria Remove constraint Political Geography: Austria Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years
- Author: Alexa L. Wesner
- Publication Date: 04-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Ambassadors Review
- Abstract: Since the end of the Second World War, the United States and Austria have enjoyed one of the most mutually beneficial and prosperous relationships in the world. Born from a shared desire for lasting peace and nourished by trade, education, and people-to-people exchanges, Austria and the United States share an intertwined past and interconnected future. Today, our shared democratic ideals and our willingness to work together to combat global threats serve as an example of collaboration on the world stage. But since the earliest days of the modern era, our common goals have been underwritten by a series of often-overlooked exchange programs that have exposed thousands of people to the significance of our shared values. The intimate human bonds built by exchange participants continue to weave an increasingly beautiful, intricate, and durable social fabric that strengthens our bilateral relationship.
- Topic: Politics, War, Bilateral Relations, Global Security
- Political Geography: Austria, United States of America