You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Political Geography Libya Remove constraint Political Geography: Libya Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years
- Author: William H. Tobey
- Publication Date: 10-2018
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- Abstract: As the Trump Administration prepares to negotiate with North Korea, a question has arisen as to what model Washington should follow. National Security Advisor John Bolton has suggested that the Libyan nuclear case represents the best example to emulate. Given the violence Libya suffered after it disarmed, this recommendation provoked criticism, not only from the North Korean government, but a number of American analysts. Anticipating the importance of this case, NPEC commissioned William Tobey, former Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation at the National Nuclear Security Administration, to write a primary history. Mr. Tobey served on the National Security Council in the Bush (43) Administration when the Libyan nuclear case was being worked.
- Topic: Intelligence, International Affairs, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: Libya