You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Author: Jens Beckert, Timur Ergen
- Publication Date: 03-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies
- Abstract: This paper discusses sociological analyses of the formation and role of expectations in the economy. Recognition of the social constitution of expectations advances the understand- ing of economic action under conditions of uncertainty and helps to explain core features of modern capitalist societies. The range of applications of the analytical perspective is il- lustrated by closer examination of three core spheres of capitalist societies: consumption, investment, and innovation. To provide an idea of core challenges of the approach, three major research questions for the sociological analysis of expectations are presented.
- Topic: Economics, Markets, Sociology, Capitalism, Innovation
- Political Geography: Global Focus