You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) Political Geography Macedonia Remove constraint Political Geography: Macedonia Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Alexandros Mallias
- Publication Date: 06-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP)
- Abstract: Ambassador (retired) Alexandros Mallias analyses the perspectives for improving the relations between Greece and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia the day after the formation of a new Government in Skopje. Alexandros Mallias , who was first Head of Mission of Greece to Skopje ,1995-1999, suggests that the two governments should not raise high expectations .They should work to enhance and expand the Confidence Building Measures' Process and rather opti for a quiet diplomacy on the name issue He stresses that fYROM's 1991 Constitution is a bad one ,being the root cause of problems with its neighbors as well as of the endemic interethnic conflict.It was already amended 30(thirty) times within 15 years .He is of the opinion that there are still some extra miles to go.
- Topic: International Relations, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Macedonia