You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center for International Security and Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for International Security and Cooperation Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Terrorism
- Author: Larry Brandt, Jason Reinhardt, Siegfried S. Hecker
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for International Security and Cooperation
- Abstract: The Stanford Center for International Security and Cooperation engaged several Chinese nuclear organizations in cooperative research that focused on responses to radiological and nuclear terrorism. The objective was to identify joint research initiatives to reduce the global dangers of such threats and to pursue initial technical collaborations in several high priority areas. Initiatives were identified in three primary research areas: 1) detection and interdiction of smuggled nuclear materials; 2) nuclear forensics; and 3) radiological (“dirty bomb”) threats and countermeasures. Initial work emphasized the application of systems and risk analysis tools, which proved effective in structuring the collaborations. The extensive engagements between national security nuclear experts in China and the U.S. during the research strengthened professional relationships between these important communities.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Nuclear Weapons, Terrorism, Military Strategy, War on Terror
- Political Geography: United States, China, Asia