You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center for International Security and Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for International Security and Cooperation Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Topic Terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Terrorism
- Author: Elliot Serbin, Larry Brandt
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for International Security and Cooperation
- Abstract: A collaborative project engaging researchers from the Center for International Security and Cooperation at Stanford University and several Chinese nuclear organizations focused on the response to nuclear terrorism threats. A goal of the research was to identify prospective joint research initiatives that might reduce the global and regional dangers of such threats. Initiatives were identified in three technical areas: interdiction of smuggled nuclear and radiological materials; nuclear forensics; and countermeasures to radiological (“dirty bomb”) threats. Application of the methodologies of systems and risk analysis to the framing and initial assessment of these areas was emphasized in the project. The workshop summarized in this report brought together the analysis work from this project and related efforts by both Chinese and U.S. analysts.
- Topic: Nuclear Weapons, Terrorism, War on Terror
- Political Geography: China, Global Focus