You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Topic Foreign Aid Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Aid
- Author: Jonas Wolff
- Publication Date: 03-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Bolivia offers a critical, but atypical, case for international democracy promotion. The ongoing political transformation initiated by President Evo Morales constitutes one of the few experiences in the world of a serious effort to build a democracy different from the existing Western liberal models. And this presents a significant challenge to democracy promotion efforts.
- Topic: Democratization, Foreign Aid
- Political Geography: United States, Latin America, Bolivia