You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Bilateral Relations Remove constraint Topic: Bilateral Relations
- Author: Frédéric Grare
- Publication Date: 03-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Mutual indifference has long characterized relations between India and Australia, but the two countries' interests are increasingly converging. In particular, New Delhi and Canberra are both wary of China's growing assertiveness in the Asia-Pacific region. Yet there are several constraints hindering the development of a strong India-Australia partnership, and both countries need to be realistic about the prospects for a closer strategic relationship.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Defense Policy, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: China, Asia, New Delhi, Australia, Canberra