You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Climate Change Remove constraint Topic: Climate Change
- Author: Martin Kenney
- Publication Date: 07-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy
- Abstract: In the first decade of the 21st Century there has been increasing awareness of environmental issues and recognition that these are now global in scope. This has occurred for many reasons and is perhaps best epitomized in the global warming discussion. The dramatic rise of China and India, in particular, has reoriented the debate about the sustainability of the current trajectory of fossil fuel usage and environmental degradation. Put quite simply, if the economic growth of China, initially, and then India were to follow the historical trajectory of fossil fuel energy usage and resource consumption that Japan, Taiwan, and Korea followed, the environmental impacts would be nothing short of monumental.
- Topic: Climate Change, Development, Energy Policy, Environment
- Political Geography: China, India, Taiwan, Korea