You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography Turkey Remove constraint Political Geography: Turkey Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Publication Date: 06-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: The Obama administration's “responsible redeployment” from Iraq is made even more urgent by the requirements resulting from worsening conditions in Afghanistan and Pakistan. For redeployment to occur on scale and on schedule, the United States seeks an end-state in Iraq that is stable and at peace with its neighbors. Simmering sectarian violence is inevitable, but it will not break Iraq. However, ethnic conflict between Arabs and Kurds could escalate into a major conflagration with regional implications.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Ethnic Conflict, Bilateral Relations, Sectarianism, Sectarian violence
- Political Geography: Iraq, Turkey, Middle East