You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Aspen Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Aspen Institute Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Publication Date: 04-2015
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Aspen Institute
- Abstract: This report summarizes key findings from recent research on links between higher education and the workforce. Featuring eight brief papers from leading education and workforce experts from around the country, the report offers practical advice for institutional leaders, policymakers, students and their advisers about how to use the increasingly available information on the economic value of higher education. Specifically, the authors’ papers and the opening summary explore what various audiences can learn from emerging evidence about: variations in labor market outcomes by program and institution; the value of degrees to jobs both in and out of fields studied; returns to the completion of certain course clusters that don’t add up to a degree; and distortions that may result from examining returns to individual degrees rather than “stacked” degrees.
- Topic: Economics, Education, Labor Issues, Global Markets, Employment
- Political Geography: Global Focus