You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Arab Transformations Project, University of Aberdeen Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Arab Transformations Project, University of Aberdeen Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Andrea Teti, Pamela Abbott, Paolo Maggiolini, Valeria Talbot
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Arab Transformations Project, University of Aberdeen
- Abstract: Survey data from the ArabTrans 2014 survey contains a unique battery of questions pertaining to the perception of the European Union. This report builds on those questions to analyse perceptions of the EU, its development cooperation programmes, its promotion of democracy, the appropriateness of its response to the Arab Uprisings, and the perception of the EU as an international actor. Overall, the data suggests low levels of awareness and relatively negative opinions of the EU’s actions both in general and in the specific context of its response to the Arab Uprisings. However, respondents’ preferences also suggest avenues for policy development for the Union such that it might simultaneously achieve its interests and meet the demands of MENA populations. Throughout, the paper also takes note of specific patterns and conditions found in individual countries which present particular challenges for the EU.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Europe, Middle East