You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Roger Bate, David Montgomery
- Publication Date: 07-2004
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: Whether the Kyoto Protocol is ever ratified is fast becoming irrelevant. Many of the European nations that ratified the convention are failing to reach their targets, while developing countries, not required to comply with Kyoto, claim they will never participate in targets and timetables, as it would retard their economic growth. Given that developing countries are likely to emit well over half of future greenhouse gases (GHGs), a more promising strategy would be to devise an approach that limits emissions while helping development.
- Topic: Economics, Environment, Treaties and Agreements, Third World
- Political Geography: Europe