You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Norwegian Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Topic Foreign Aid Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Aid
- Author: Fulvio Castellacci, Hamza Kanar
- Publication Date: 12-2013
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: The economic reforms recently implemented in Cuba do not adequately deal with the structural issues that hamper the country's economic development. The paper presents a system dynamics model to investigate Cuba's development process, and a simulation analysis to compare different policy scenarios that may be realized in the future as economic reforms will continue. The results indicate that the most effective development policy would be to combine active public policies to enhance the R sector, on the one hand, and foster the emergence of an efficient private sector that will develop the capital infrastructure of the economy, on the other.
- Topic: Development, Economics, Foreign Aid
- Political Geography: Latin America, Caribbean