You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Political Geography Iran Remove constraint Political Geography: Iran Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Gregory S Jones
- Publication Date: 05-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- Abstract: Negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program are continuing in an effort to produce a follow-on agreement, termed the “Comprehensive Solution,” to the November 2013 “Joint Plan of Action” (JPA). Much of the discussion of the Comprehensive Solution has focused on the terms such an agreement should include to prevent Iran from being able to produce nuclear weapons. However, this objective will not be attainable unless the agreement addresses key aspects of Iran’s nuclear program, fixes the flaws in the JPA which seriously constrain any agreement and recognizes fundamental problems with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards as currently implemented.
- Topic: Nuclear Weapons, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: Iran, Global Focus