You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution International Relations Council of Turkey (UİK-IRCT) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Relations Council of Turkey (UİK-IRCT) Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Dimitris Tsarouhas
- Publication Date: 10-2018
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: International Relations Council of Turkey (UİK-IRCT)
- Abstract: This article focuses on the discursive frames used by policy entrepreneurs in Greece as they attempted to deal with the 2009 crisis and analyses the role played by discourse in handling the crisis’ consequences. Adopting a historical institutionalist framework, I argue that ineffective policy outcomes can be attributed to a path- dependent logic enshrined in the country’s political economy structures following the transition to democracy post-1974. Moreover, the reaction of policy entrepreneurs to the crisis was reinforced by their discursive logic of action, itself embedded in the state’s institutional matrix. Procrastination, a refusal to face an uncomfortable reality and politics as usual colours the response of Greek actors to the country’s biggest crisis in recent memory.
- Topic: International Relations, Political Theory
- Political Geography: Greece