You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution East-West Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: East-West Center Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Treaties and Agreements Remove constraint Topic: Treaties and Agreements
- Author: Armen Oganesyan
- Publication Date: 02-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: East-West Center
- Abstract: A Part of The Western World, Europe, however, has been very selective about alien cultures and civilizations; not a “melting pot” american style, it is paying dearly for this function imposed on it. The disagreements on the migration issues in the european corridors of power threaten the cohesion of the european Unity. Frau Merkel who demonstrated a no mean determination to meet a new wave of migrants within maximal openness and tolerance had already accepted the failure of multiculturalism. This means that Berlin has no answer to the question about how to cope with the migrants who have arrived in thousands and millions to Europe to stay.
- Topic: Migration, Treaties and Agreements, Refugee Issues, Multiculturalism
- Political Geography: Europe