You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Abstract: The conflict in Syria, the war on ISIS, Israeli settlements, relocating the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process, Iranian regional influence -- all contentious issues at the top of the U.S. foreign policy agenda in the Middle East. During this January 30 policy forum, Israeli Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi -- a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- and former Israeli ambassador to the United States Itamar Rabinovich offer their perspectives on these challenges and others confronting President Trump in the region. Tzachi Hanegbi has just been named Israel's cabinet minister for regional cooperation. A close confidant of Prime Minister Netanyahu, he has held a variety of cabinet portfolios in the past, and served most recently as chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee. Itamar Rabinovich is a former Israeli ambassador to Washington and founding president of the Israel Institute. A renowned expert on Syria, he once headed Israeli peace talks with Damascus. He has also served as president of Tel Aviv University, where he is now a professor emeritus of Middle Eastern history. David Makovsky is the Institute's Ziegler Distinguished Fellow and Director of its Project on the Middle East Peace Process, and the Irwin Levy Family Program on the U.S.-Israel Strategic Relationship.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: America, Middle East
- Author: Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu
- Publication Date: 09-2012
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Columbia University World Leaders Forum
- Abstract: Presented by His Excellency Professor Ekmeleddin IhsanogluSecretary General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation Co-sponsored by Columbia Global Centers.
- Topic: International Relations, Security, Democratization, Development, Islam, Governance
- Political Geography: Middle East, Arabia