You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Publishing Institution The Washington Institute for Near East Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Counter-terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Counter-terrorism
- Author: Boaz Ganor, Bruce Hoffman, Marlene Mazel, Matthew Levitt
- Publication Date: 07-2017
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Abstract: Although terror attacks conducted by individuals are not a new phenomenon, recent years have seen an alarming increase in these "lone-wolf" incidents. The Islamic State, for instance, has been proactive in using its global tentacles to conscript individuals to carry out attacks in its name. Meanwhile, in Israel, solo operators unaffiliated with organized terror groups have taken to carrying out attacks with the weapons at hand—cars, knives, homemade. The question we face is whether such attacks indicate a growing trend or are simply another passing fad in the annals of terrorist activity.
- Topic: Terrorism, Counter-terrorism
- Political Geography: Global Focus