You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic Ethnic Conflict Remove constraint Topic: Ethnic Conflict
- Author: Arkadiusz Legieć
- Publication Date: 11-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: As a result of the change of power in Armenia in 2018, the Armenian-Azerbaijani talks on the territorial and ethnic conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh have intensified. However, they have not yielded results because the authorities of both countries are under strong internal public pressure, limiting the possibility of compromise. Russia is using the conflict as an instrument of political influence towards both countries. Strengthening the involvement of French and U.S. diplomacy in the work of the Minsk Group and increasing its importance would limit Russia’s role as the main mediator in the conflict.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Ethnic Conflict, Territorial Disputes, Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
- Political Geography: Russia, Central Asia, France, Armenia, Azerbaijan, United States of America