You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution The Cato Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Cato Institute Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic Constitution Remove constraint Topic: Constitution
- Author: Gene Healy
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: Presidential impeachments are vanishingly rare in American constitutional history: in the 230 years since ratification, only three presidents have faced serious attempts to remove them from office. And yet, as President Donald J. Trump’s tumultuous tenure continues, it seems increasingly plausible that we’ll see a fourth.
- Topic: International Affairs, Democracy, Constitution
- Political Geography: America