You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Topic International Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: International Political Economy
- Author: Marc Lynch, Stephanie Dahle
- Publication Date: 10-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS)
- Abstract: On June 5, 2017, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates launched a campaign against Qatar. Tensions between these Gulf Cooperation Council members were nothing new, but few anticipated the sudden escalation or the intensity of the campaign. The anti-Qatar campaign leaders then failed to achieve a rapid resolution of the crisis in their favor through a Qatari capitulation. More than four months later, the GCC remains badly divided and both sides are increasingly entrenched in their positions. To make sense of this political conflict, POMEPS is pleased to release this collection of essays by a wide range of leading scholars published in The Monkey Cage and in POMEPS Studies over the last several years. The collection is divided into four major sections: the origins and course of the current conflict; regional responses; how the Arab uprisings impacted the GCC; and background on the divisive question of Islamism and the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Security
- Political Geography: Middle East