You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Hudson Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Hudson Institute Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Husain Haqqani, Arpana Pandey
- Publication Date: 09-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Hudson Institute
- Abstract: arendra Modi led the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to power during the May 2014 elections, promising radical changes. The party’s electoral manifesto outlined numerous problems that threatened Indian society, while promising to protect social values and enact “urgent changes” in the economy, agriculture, energy, education, and governance.1 Observers from around the world hailed the BJP’s victory as a success, and believed that a pro-business government assuring fundamental changes would tap into India’s unfulfilled economic potential.
- Topic: International Relations
- Political Geography: Middle East