You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Global Political Trends Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Global Political Trends Center Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa
- Publication Date: 01-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Global Political Trends Center
- Abstract: Recent years have seen many regions of Africa involved in war and internal or external conflict, from the seven or so countries directly involved in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to the Libyan crisis and the war in Sudan/South Sudan and the various other civil wars. According to the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), there were 6.9 million new Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) caused by conflict and violence in 2016. Sub-Saharan Africa overtook the Middle East as the region most affected with almost one million new displacements in the Democratic Republic of Congo as a result of violent clashes in the provinces of North Kivu, South Kivu and Kasai.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Africa