You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Europeum Institute for European Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Europeum Institute for European Policy Political Geography Italy Remove constraint Political Geography: Italy Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years
- Author: Alexandr Lagazzi
- Publication Date: 11-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Europeum Institute for European Policy
- Abstract: Regardless of its outcome, the Italian constitutional referendum will affect Italy’s position within the EU. Prime Minister Matteo Renzi proposes to simplify the legislative process by stripping the Senate of most its role in the law-making process whilst boosting the power of the executive branch. Voters will have the opportunity to decide whether to approve or decline these substantial constitutional changes on December 4, 2016, in the third constitutional referendum of the country’s history. The aim of this paper is to analyse the proposed bill and offer a prognosis of both the outcomes of the referendum in terms of Italy’s position within the EU before the 60th anniversary of the Rome Treaty in March 2017.
- Topic: International Relations, Political structure
- Political Geography: Europe, Italy