You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution EastWest Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: EastWest Institute Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan
- Author: Annie Cowan
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: EastWest Institute
- Abstract: In the lead-up to the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan, the EastWest Institute's Regional Security Initiative has released a major report, Afghanistan Reconnected: Cross-Border Cooperation at a Critical Juncture, which highlights problems in regional cooperation in the areas of trade and transit and energy, offering actionable recommendations that have been developed over three years of consultation with participants in the Afghanistan Reconnected Process, a high-level network including members of governments, the private sector, business leaders, and experts throughout the region. This report aims at encouraging government and private sector actors in the region, as well as the broader international community, to sustain momentum and commitment towards the development and stabilization of Afghanistan despite the declining security situation. The report includes an introduction by Ambassador Sabine Sparwasser, Chair of the International Contact Group on Afghanistan, Special Representative of the German Federal Government for Afghanistan and Pakistan, and chapters addressing various issues areas, prepared by project experts.
- Topic: International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Afghanistan