You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution The Brookings Institution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Brookings Institution Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Development Remove constraint Topic: International Development
- Author: Amar Bhattacharya, Homi Kharas, Mark Plant, Annalisa Prizzon
- Publication Date: 02-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: The new global agenda, with Agenda 2030 at its core, is ambitious, comprehensive, and universal. The three central goals now are to reignite growth, deliver on the sustainable development goals (SDGs), and meet the ambitions of the Paris climate agreement aimed at mitigating climate change and adapting to its effects. Achieving these goals will require a significant scaling up and reorientation of investments, especially for sustainable infrastructure and human development. Implementing this agenda is urgent, as the world is witnessing the largest wave of urban expansion in history and more infrastructure will come on stream over the next 15 years than the world’s existing stock. This is also the last opportunity to manage remaining significant demographic transitions.
- Topic: International Affairs, International Development
- Political Geography: Global Focus