You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Europeum Institute for European Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Europeum Institute for European Policy Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Topic Climate Change Remove constraint Topic: Climate Change
- Author: Katerina Davidova
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Europeum Institute for European Policy
- Abstract: The European Commission unveiled its long-awaited extensive package of energy legislation proposals at the end of 2016. While it is an important step on the way towards an integrated European Energy Union, the project still exists more on paper than in reality. Bridging the gap between vastly differing energy policies of various member states such as Germany and Poland will be one of the hardest obstacles to overcome on its way to success. With the increasing desire to limit the power of the Commission, however, the fate of the Energy Union will be decided more by what is going to happen outside of the EU, than in its centre.
- Topic: International Relations, Climate Change, Energy Policy
- Political Geography: Europe