You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Environment Remove constraint Topic: Environment
- Author: Jean-Frederic Morin, Rosalie Nadeau
- Publication Date: 10-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: Trade agreements contain an increasing number of environmental provisions. Some of these provisions now relate to precise environmental issues, such as biodiversity or hazardous waste management. Certain trade agreements even devote entire chapters to environmental protection. However, the rate of innovative environmental clauses per agreement has declined over the years. This paper draws attention to some of the lesser-known provisions encountered in five agreements or fewer. These “legal one-hit wonders” do not often reach the billboard, despite their uniqueness and creativity.
- Topic: Environment, International Political Economy
- Political Geography: Global Focus