You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Center for Strategic and International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic Energy Policy Remove constraint Topic: Energy Policy
- Author: Anthony H. Cordesman
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: Ever since the oil embargo following the October 1973 Arab-Israeli conflict, the United States has tended to measure its strategic interests in energy in terms of its dependence on direct imports of oil and gas. The new Annual Energy Outlook of the U.S. Energy Information Administration was issued on January 5, 2017. [i] Taken at face value, it reports that United States has reversed its past dependence on energy imports in spite of massive cut in world oil prices.
- Topic: Energy Policy, International Political Economy, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: America