You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography North Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: North Korea Topic Nuclear Power Remove constraint Topic: Nuclear Power
- Author: Hyun-Kyung Kim, Elizabeth Philipp, Hattie Chung
- Publication Date: 10-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University
- Abstract: Amidst the growing threat of North Korea’s nuclear program, the assassination of Kim Jong-Un’s half-brother via VX nerve agent in February 2017 brought renewed interest in North Korea’s other weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programs—chemical and biological weapons. If used on a large scale, these weapons can cause not only tens of thousands of deaths, but also create panic and paralyze societies. Nevertheless, the vividness of the nuclear threat has overshadowed other weapons programs, limiting the attention and policy input that they deserve. This paper focuses on North Korea’s biological weapons (BW).
- Topic: International Security, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: North Korea