You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Civil Society Remove constraint Topic: Civil Society
- Author: Ahmed Abd Rabou
- Publication Date: 10-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Arab Reform Initiative (ARI)
- Abstract: This book focuses on Civil-Military Relations (CMR) in Egypt, a country that witnessed uprisings calling for democratic change in January 2011, which led to the ousting of Hosni Mubarak from the Presidency, the suspension of the constitution, and the dissolution of the parliament as well as the ruling of the National Democratic Party (NDP). Ironically, revolutionary forces in Egypt were dependent on the Egyptian military in taking these steps, with the military ultimately taking power some 30 months later.
- Topic: Civil Society
- Political Geography: Middle East