You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Trade and Finance Remove constraint Topic: International Trade and Finance
- Author: Hardeep.S Puri
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: India faces significant challenges in the area of trade policy— the global economic slowdown, increasing protectionism, the stalled mega-trade deals that could in time be revived, and perhaps more important, its own domestic preoccupations. For India to achieve its policy objectives, the government and industry, particularly the manufacturing sector, must prepare for opportunities and greater engagement in an evolving multilateral trade arena. India’s priorities should include taking policy measures to conform to global standards and supporting the World Trade Organization (WTO) to relaunch multilateral negotiations.
- Topic: International Trade and Finance, Global Markets, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: India