You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Global Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Global Political Economy
- Author: Mark Ferchen
- Publication Date: 12-2016
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: China’s expanding global economic and geopolitical role has spawned a growing divide between those who portray the country’s rise as a force for prosperity and peace and those who depict it as an assertive, mercantilist threat. Such conflicting paradigms oversimplify the complex political economy of the country’s international relations. These flawed frameworks reflect a lack of boundary-breaking thinking, research, and policymaking that can account for the interaction between the economic and geopolitical aspects of China’s rise. Recognizing such shortcomings is the first step toward better understanding and constructive engagement with China.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: China