You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Chicago Council on Global Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Chicago Council on Global Affairs Political Geography Syria Remove constraint Political Geography: Syria Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Dina Smeltz, Craig Kafura, Kelhan Martin
- Publication Date: 08-2016
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Abstract: Two million Aleppo residents are trapped in the city because of accelerating fighting between the Syrian government forces and opposition fighters from various factions. The resulting humanitarian catastrophe has prompted the United Nations to put aside Syria peace talks in favor of gaining agreement on a cease fire to deliver humanitarian aid. The Chicago Council Survey shows that while Americans favor targeted military action against violent extremist groups like the Islamic State in Syria, they are less supportive of US involvement in the internal conflict in Syria between the Assad regime and anti-government forces.
- Topic: International Relations, Civil War, Humanitarian Aid, Military Strategy
- Political Geography: Syria