You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Center on International Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on International Cooperation Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Publication Date: 11-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Center on International Cooperation
- Abstract: Beni territory in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo has suffered from some of the most brutal violence in the country’s recent history. However, the massacres around Beni, which began in October 2014 and have killed more than 1,000 people, have been shrouded in mystery. No group has officially claimed responsibility for the killings; research by Congo Research Group (CRG) and the UN Group of Experts suggests that many actors, including the Congolese government, have been involved.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Global Focus