You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Global Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Global Political Economy
- Author: Scott Morris
- Publication Date: 12-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: First, we should recognize that much of the value of the IFIs for the United States derives from their multilateral character. It greatly oversimplifies things to suggest they are strictly a US tool, available to do our bidding no matter what the issue. The reality is that when we want to get something done in these multilateral institutions, we need to work with other countries. In turn, these institutions are most effective when they have the buy-in of the largest number of their member countries. And when the United States is seeking something from them that doesn’t have broad-based support, it can be a tough road.
- Topic: Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: Global Focus