You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Political and institutional effectiveness Remove constraint Topic: Political and institutional effectiveness
- Author: Constantino Xavier
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: India has extensive experience conducting evacuation operations, but given the rising economic contributions and political influence of Indian citizens abroad and the increasing complexity of these operations, the incentives to ensure the success of future ones are now even greater. As India’s diaspora continues to grow, so will the challenges New Delhi faces in protecting this diverse and geographically dispersed population. To overcome these issues, the Indian government will have to institutionalize best practices, bolster its diplomatic and military capabilities, and improve coordination.
- Topic: Diaspora, Political and institutional effectiveness
- Political Geography: India