You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Ilan Khan
- Publication Date: 02-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Global Regional Review (GRR)
- Abstract: In the broader Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) programs, the terms ‘rehabilitation’ and ‘reintegration’ are erroneously used as synonyms. The manifestation of these two distinct phases of a program can be seen in many affected parts of the world. Sri Lanka is one such place where the rehabilitation program was launched after an extended war against insurgency. The vigilantes constituted by the Sri Lankan armed forces, known as Civil Defense Forces (CDF) has been controversial. This paper differentiates the theory and practice and explains what could be done to enhance the capacity and effectiveness of the programs.
- Topic: International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Sri Lanka