You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Topic Global Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Global Political Economy
- Author: Amr Adly
- Publication Date: 03-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Large private enterprises are vital to Egypt’s economy and stability. After the 2011 uprising, they lost political sway due to their ties to the regime of former president Hosni Mubarak. However, Egypt’s economic crisis pushed successive regimes to reverse measures taken against these enterprises, affirming their role in economic revitalization. Though cut off from patronage networks after Egypt’s 2013 coup, enterprises are more autonomous from the state today. This may create advantageous openings if the state’s dependence on them grows.
- Topic: International Affairs, Global Markets, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: Egypt