You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year
- Author: David Makovsky
- Publication Date: 01-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Abstract: Israeli prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu hopes to capture his fifth term in the April 9 national elections, and polls show he has a clear lead over other candidates, retaining support from approximately a quarter of the electorate. Yet it is insufficient to merely have the most votes; to govern, the winner must subsequently cobble together a majority of at least 61 seats in the 120-member Knesset. Netanyahu is also under the shadow of potential corruption indictments pending a hearing that would occur after the elections.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Israel