You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Bosnia and Herzegovina Remove constraint Political Geography: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Author: Sanjin Hamidičević
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Centre For Security Studies
- Abstract: The constitutional construction of Bosnia and Herzegovina created multiple police agencies and four judicial systems, which means that fifteen police agencies and the Intelligence- Security Agency of BiH could file a demand for telecommunication surveillance from 68 different courts. Even though the legal framework has been equalized, this complexity together with parliamentary oversight on multiple levels opens up penetration points for the misuse of telecommunication surveillance. In order to prevent eventual misuse, this paper recommends to decrease the number of courts that can issue warrants, create a coordination system for telecommunication surveillance between the police agencies and define guidelines for parliamentary oversight.
- Topic: National Security, International Security, Political stability
- Political Geography: Bosnia and Herzegovina